Monday, October 18, 2010

A Very Sick Baby :(

Around the first week in September Logan started feeling a little under the weather. We blew it off as just a little cold, we all tend to get them as the weather is changing and as most of you remember it was changing about every other day in September so I wasn't really surprised that Logan was getting a cold. Well a couple weeks went by and the cough had just not gone away. I was getting a little worried, but we were hesitant to take him to the doctor since he seemed fine other than this cough and our insurance had just changed with Tyler's new job and we weren't sure if Logan's doctor accepted it yet. (Now most people would just switch doctor's if their insurance wasn't accepted, but there was no way I was going to do that! Dr. Schmidt is by far the best pediatrician I have EVER seen and seeing as he was my mom's, and then mine, and now Logan's I just wasn't willing to switch! So I was a little afraid to make the phone call.) We gave it a few more weeks but I just couldn't wait anymore. My baby was just not getting better and since we were now well into October I decided I was taking him in.

So last Monday I woke up early and made the call about the insurance (thank heavens it was accepted!!!). I made the appointment and took him in. Dr. Schmidt listened to his lungs and they were totally clear, good news, but makes it hard to diagnose. So after some discussion he said he thought he was having some sinus problems. During the day he was just swallowing the mucus, but at night it would build up in the back of his little throat and he'd cough all night long trying to get it up! Poor little guy. Dr. Schmidt also mentioned that it was possible that he was having some asthmatic problems. I had suspected that that might be what it was so I had already started using the nebulizer he had given us the year before. He gave us an antibiotic to try first and told us to keep doing what we were doing with the nebulizer and the humidifier in his room. Well now it has been a week since we brought him in and guess what?! His cough is even worse now!!! Ugh! This kid can just not kick this thing! So now we are going to have to call the doctor again and see what he thinks we should do.

I hate when Logan is sick. He is too miserable and I worry about him SO much! Hopefully we can get him better soon so we can still take him out for Halloween! :s

No comments:

Post a Comment